Welcome to the first edition of Rich Money Habits Carnival-Best Money Stories To Jumpstart Your Year!
Every month we will be featuring the best articles in the world of personal finance through the Rich Money Habits Carnival. In this first ever edition, we’ve reviewed a total of 27 articles submitted by personal finance bloggers and picked 5 of the best money habits stories to jumpstart your year on the right note and inspire you in your journey to financial freedom.
Rich Money Habits’ Top 5 Picks
- PT presents How to Negotiate Price posted at Prime Time Money. [RMH] Great tips and examples on how to negotiate to save on haircut, shipping, and freebies. The advice, “don’t be afraid to ask for a little something extra or a discount for being a good customer” is spot on.
- Anastasia presents Discover Your Personal Model of Success in 10 minutes posted at LIVING ON A BUDGET. [RMH] Interesting article on how to discover your personal models of success (a.k.a your dreams), identifying how much you’re willing to bid or pay for your dreams, and re-examining what’s important to you.
- Lovelymary presents 100 Extreme Ways to Save Serious Money posted at Accounting Degree.com. [RMH] A very long list of unusual money saving tips bordering on being too cheap but funny nonetheless. Some of my favorites are: on personal care-“No more toilet paper”, and on Food-“Ignore expiration dates.” Hilarious! 🙂
- Roshawn Watson presents Thoughts on Escaping The Rat Race posted at Watson Inc, saying, “Do you yearn to be free…really free? What would you do if money was not a limitation? Perhaps the primary reason for increasing your financial literacy is so you may indeed escape the rat race.” [RMH] Great solid tips and advice on achieving financial freedom. More importantly, the article recognizes the fact that the battle is not in learning the “how” but discovering your “why” in your journey to financial freedom.
- Abigail Perry presents i pick up pennies: Sleep and personal finance posted at i pick up pennies, saying, “Not getting enough sleep? You could be endangering your money!” [RMH] Great article describing how your lack of sleep may be costing you more than you know.
Other interesting articles in this edition
- Frank Goley presents Strategic Planning for Business Success posted at Business Success Strategies, saying, “The business success strategies blog is written by small business success expert, Frank Goley, the chief business consultant for ABC Business Consulting. Frank has more than twenty years experience helping companies start, grow, turn around and succeed.”
- Lyn Wooten presents Work From Home Typing Jobs – How To Get Started Today! posted at Lyn Wooten, saying, “Work from home typing jobs are hard to find if you’re not looking in the right places. Discover a quick and easy work from home typing job you can get started with today.”
- TheSmartestConsumer presents Real Rate Of Investment Return posted at The Smartest Consumer, saying, “Understanding real rate of return is important for successful financial planning.”
- Silicon Valley Blogger presents Online Discount Brokers: SmartMoney Broker Survey posted at The Digerati Life, saying, “Thanks!”
- The Smarter Wallet presents TradeKing Review: Top Discount Brokerage posted at The Smarter Wallet, saying, “Thanks for the carnival!”
- John Laugherton presents Ultimate Guide To Agricultural ETFs: Agriculture ETF Investing 101 posted at ETFdb.
- Frederick Yarmy presents Definitive Guide To India ETFs: India ETF Funds 101 posted at ETFdb.
- Diane Steward presents Ultimate Guide To Dividend ETFs: How To Find A High Dividend ETF posted at ETFdb.
- ABC presents What Are Money Market Mutual Funds posted at ABCs of Investing, saying, “A brief explanation of money market mutual funds.”
- Sam presents ETF Exchange Traded Funds Are a Great Investment Strategy. Buy and Sell easily. posted at Surfer Sam and Friends.
- Nate Kragness presents My Free Cash | Portfolio Insurance: Designing an Ethical Asset Protection Plan posted at My Free Cash | Your Guide to Money Management, saying, “Designing a solid yet ethical asset protection plan is one of the most important ways to protect your portfolio from the unforeseen, and can be even more important than carrying a general insurance policy. By creating redundant layers of separation between your assets, you can insulate and protect yourself from judgments, and even avoid lawsuits altogether.”
- Mr Credit Card presents Best Business Credit Cards Recommendations for 2009 posted at Ask Mr Credit Card.
- Abdulrasool Sumar presents What is a 401k Plan? History of 401k Plans & Annual Developments Timeline from 1978 – 2003 posted at 401k, saying, “As at 2003, total estimated number of 401k plans was 438,000 in America with assets totaling $1.9 trillion & 42.4 million active participants. Do you have a 401k plan?”
- Abigail Perry presents i pick up pennies: Should you correct others’ mistakes? posted at i pick up pennies, saying, “If you notice a clerk’s mistake in your favor, are you obligated to say something? Where is the limit?”
- KCLau presents DREAMS Do Come True!! – Our actions and visualizations set our Future posted at KCLau’s Money Tips, saying, “This is a guest-post by Sayeed, a senior manager in a large MNC in Penang about wealth accumulation”
- nissim ziv presents Career Goals: Examples of Career Goals and Objectives posted at Job Interview Guide, saying, “It is only when a person has a clear thought about his/her career goals and objectives that he or she gets ultimate satisfaction from his/her job and therefore progress faster. This article covers many examples for your career goals & objectives.”
- Darryl Holland presents Why You Should Care About Your Credit Scores posted at Credit Secrets Revealed By Darryl, saying, “Learn to improve your credit score by up to 247 points in the next 90 days.Soon you will be able to proudly run a credit check with no shame.Stop paying more interest for your loans and credit cards.Start getting those low interest rate loans that you deserve.The Credit Secrets Revealed ebook will help you solve your credit problems.”
- Big Cajun Man presents Adventures in Car Buying (or Now that is Chutzpah!) posted at Canadian Personal Finance Blog, saying, “Chutzpah is important, but you should be the one with it, not the person selling to you!”
- Credit Shout presents American Express Preferred Rewards Gold or Platinum? posted at CreditShout.
- Four Pillars presents Why You Might Need A Tax Attorney Rather Than A CPA posted at Quest For Four Pillars, saying, “Some benefits to hiring a tax attorney over a cpa for serious tax issues.”
- Peak Personal Finance presents Tax Advantages of Having a Mortgage posted at Peak Personal Finance, saying, “Are the tax advantages of having a mortgage worth it?”