Welcome to the Summer Edition of Rich Money Habits Carnival. In this edition, we will showcase the best of the best personal finance articles and stories through our Rich Money Habits Top 5 picks! Explore with Dora and find out how to manage your own money. Strengthen your mental beliefs and develop a richer financial mindset! Most of all, enjoy the summer with a healthy dose of financial ideas to help you achieve your dream of financial freedom!
Rich Money Habits Top 5 Picks
- Jason @ Redeeming Riches presents 5 Things Dora the Explorer Teaches Us About Personal Financial Planning posted at Redeeming Riches, saying, “Learn what a cartoon can teach about personal finance!” [RMH] Great analogy. Not surprisingly, the seemingly complicated ideas on money are best explained by going through an ordinary day in the life of Dora the Explorer.
- The Investor presents Earn more money by tackling your mental beliefs posted at Monevator.com, saying, “Most of us have subconscious attitudes towards money that affect our thinking – and even how much we get in our paycheck at the end of the month.” [RMH] Very interesting article on limiting belies that prevent you from achieving your financial goals. It reminds me of T Harv Eker’ Secret of the Millionaire Mind book. Read on and become aware how these limiting beliefs can rob you of your chance to becoming financially rich.
- Joe Plemon presents Stretch the Life of Your Mower by Giving Him a Name posted at Personal Finance By The Book, saying, “The best way to stretch the life of your mower is to care for him, but if you are less than meticulous about equipment maintenance, naming him works pretty well.” [RMH] Great story about the life of a mower. The mower springs back to life and became “Lazarus”…but I am getting ahead of myself. Read the story and you’ll know how giving importance to your blessings (even a mower) can give you so much stories and wonderful memories to treasure.
- Roshawn Watson presents What’s Your Financial Mindset posted at Watson Inc, saying, “A study by Nielson and research firm Inmar has illuminated the spending habits of the affluent. Did you know that affluent households tend to be heavier coupon users than those with lower incomes? This is one of the ways a person gains a high net worth in the first place: he knows how to spot a deal” [RMH] Very powerful message. I can’t help but remember the same ideas from the book Millionaire Next Door. While it’s very true that being frugal is NOT glamorous and does not sell on TV, it is also good to know what’s really important to you – the glamour you get by pretending to be wealthy like the one portrayed on TV? or liberation from 9-5 drudgery by building your money habits to achieve financial freedom?
- Writers Coin presents Five Money Ratios to Live By posted at Wisebread, saying, “Five simple ratios to simplify your financial life. But are some more valuable than others?” [RMH] Very informative. I think these ratios are very useful in that they give you a quick measure of your financial health check and can help you decide how much should you save, invest, spend of your money.
Other interesting articles in this edition
Banking and Credit Cards
- American Banker presents Bank of America Warrants Net Investors 33% in 3 Weeks posted at American Banking News.
- debt kid presents How Does a Bank Make Money posted at DebtKid.
- BackTaxesHelp.com presents When Hiring a Tax Professional is Your Best Option posted at Back Taxes Help.
- Brett presents Exercise for Cheap posted at The Frugal Law Student, saying, “Some cheap ways to stay in shape.”
- nissim ziv presents Why Changing Jobs: Reasons for a Job Change posted at Job Interview Guide, saying, “It is not about money or at least, not just money give you rational for changing jobs and look elsewhere.”
- Silicon Valley Blogger presents Best Online Stock Brokers For Cheap Stock Trades posted at The Digerati Life.
- Aidan presents Work from Home and Make Money Online posted at Home Based Business Opportunity.
- Michael Pruser presents SmartyPig to Increase AND Decrease Their Interest Rates posted at The Dough Roller
- Andy presents How To Get 6.25% For Your Savings Today posted at Money Destiny, saying, “High yield savings at today’s rates is the dumbest thing ever. If you have extra money, you’re better off using it to pay off your debt…now this is truly high yield.”
- Control your Cash presents Watch that basket posted at Control Your Cash, saying, “A great way to drive yourself crazy is to constantly track your investments. A great way to lose control of your financial future is to never track them.”
- Kevin Poulis presents AToZInvestments.com – Your Complete Easy To Understand Guide To Basic Investing And Stocks posted at SiteTally.com.
- Arjun Rudra presents What You Need To Know About Technical Analysis with Chartered Market Technician Cory Mitchell posted at Investing Thesis, saying, “An interview with Chartered Market Technician and Trader, Cory Mitchell.”
- LivingInVol presents Just how good is old weezy (Warren Buffet)? posted at Living in volatility, saying, “We find out just how good Warren Buffet is using the Omega ratio, a performance measure much more truthful than the plain old Sharpe Ratio. A challenge is made to find a fund that performs better than his.”
- Erel Kiko presents How To Easily Double Your Income In 30 Days posted at The law of universal attraction.
- Hussein Sumar presents 401k Rollover as Business Startup – ROBS May Not Be A Good Idea – How to Use Your 401k to Finance your Small Business Start Up posted at 401k, saying, “Investing in a business can turn a sizable profit but its best NOT to risk your retirement funds using the ROBS strategy. Instead, seek alternative options to legally create and grow your wealth. I think the benefits of growing a profitable and legally compliant business are well worth it.”
- Ricky presents Best IRA Rates posted at Stock Tips, saying, “Investing for your retirement as early as you can is one of the best and easiest ways to earn passive income. Learn how to find the best IRA rates to help maximize your returns.”
- PT presents Easy Money: Good and Not So Great Ways to Get Money Fast posted at Prime Time Money.
- Joshua Noerr presents Personal Finance Makeover posted at JoshuaNoerr.com – Blog, saying, “Start making your money work for you.”
- Arjun Rudra presents Benefits Of Saving And Investing Early For Canadians Aged 18 To 34 posted at Investing Thesis.
- CreditCardAssist.com presents No Nonsense Advice on Overspending posted at Credit Card Assist, saying, “Simple, no nonsense advice on overspending on how to avoid it.”
- Edward Phillips presents 100 Handy Health Hacks for Busy Business Travelers posted at Nursing School Search Blog.
- FYCR presents Can I remove a Bankruptcy or Judgment from my Credit Reports? | Fix Your Credit Reports.com posted at Comments on: Should I hire a company to fix my credit reports for me?, saying, “Yes you can, and it’s an excellent roundabout way of generating income. What you save in interest rates you can use to become richer.”
- Scott Ficek presents What is an Eviction Notice? posted at Scott Ficek, saying, “Thank you for your consideration.”
- Pinyo presents What is a Good Credit Score? posted at Moolanomy, saying, “Do you know your credit score? Do you know what’s considered a good credit score? Learn how to get your credit scores for free and compare your score to established credit ratings.”
- Jim & Martha presents How Hilton HHonors Rewards Program Works posted at Wanderlust Journey, saying, “This is less about passive income and more about saving money on business travel by working loyalty reward systems.”
- CJ Bowker presents Google Magic Trick posted at The Life of an Insurance Salesman, saying, “I was doing pretty good with Google search results on my new website until suddenly they vanished. It took me 5 days but they came back, here’s how…”
- BWL presents Premarital Financial Counseling: Questions To Ask posted at Christian Personal Finance, saying, “According to the National Directory of Marriage and Family Counseling, the divorce rate in America has hovered around 50% since the mid 80’s, but premarital counseling reduces that number by 30%. And since money and money fights are one of the top reasons for divorce, financial premarital counseling is crucial for a solid marriage…”
- PT Money presents Which Blue Credit Card is Right for You? posted at Prime Time Money.
- Jim presents Make Money by saving it: 5 easy ways posted at Help for Your Personal Finance.
- Jason presents Which is better, Bankruptcy or Debt Consolidation? posted at Budgeting Personal Finance.
- PeakPersonalFinance presents Payment Priorities: Making Your Mortgage Payment First posted at Peak Personal Finance, saying, “Here’s why your mortgage should be your first priority.”
- Arati Mishra55 presents 7 Little Known Ways to Improve a Home?s Value posted at Masters in Construction Management, saying, “The wealth of most Americans is locked away in four walls and a lawn. Owning your own home is the truest sense of the American dream, and is an investment that if managed properly will provide your family financial security for years to come.”
- Pam Marino presents How To Be Frugal: Renters Can Save Cash Too posted at All Things Frugal, saying, “In this economic climate, it is not too difficult to get a good deal on rent.”
That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of rich money habits carnival using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.
Rich Money Habits Recommends:
Rich Money Habits Ebook Guide - with foreword from Bo Sanchez saying this ebook "contains the most important and most essential tools you need to start your journey towards becoming truly rich."
Bo Sanchez' Truly Rich Club - get monthly stocks updates, wealth strategies, digital downloads (DVD/CD audio/video/ebook) of Bo Sanchez and his mentors' seminars and talks
Rich Money Habits' Project 100 - get personal coaching and mentoring on how to earn your first $40 - $400 per month part-time by building your own home-based business, and be part of a dynamic team of entrepreneurs across Japan, Singapore and the Philippines.